The view from my front porch

Monday, January 24, 2011

Managing a Blog

Blog management can be a difficult thing, especially as your number of blogs grow. I'm having enough trouble as it is with one blog, I could hardly manage to keep two or three blogs updated with interesting material.When I think of blog management I think of it in relation to education. That means both managing my own blog, as well of those of my students, which is probably no easy task.

Blog management for my own blog both involves updating it in a timely matter with useful material, as well as trying to add related gadgets. For this blog choosing content to update with isn't really too difficult, as there is much that is expected of us. For other blogs, content could prove more difficult.

Management of student's blogs is something that I think a lot about. We're all well aware of the amount of inappropriate comments made by students on facebook. As teachers, we would have to do our best to make sure that that same attitude doesn't carry over to blogs. If it did, they would be largely ineffective, and our management jobs would increase tenfold.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Joel! We would have to teach classes about Blog etiquette and acceptable behavior. Actually, I'm sure it would be helpful to address how posts on FB, can effect your life and job opportunities... I know someone who lost a job because they became angry about a work decision and expressed it on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you said about the difficulties that would come with monitoring students and their blogs. These days it's so easy for anyone to just write whatever they feel whether it's mean, insulting, hurtful, etc., because they don't have to face the other people and see their reactions and experience that backlash and instant effect. All they have to do is not even say it out loud, but let the keyboard do the talking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your blog!! Nice insights...

    ReplyDelete